Protecting your Infrastructure & Assets in Today’s World
Critical infrastructure describes the physical and cybersecurity systems and assets that are so vital to the United States that their incapacity or destruction would have a debilitating impact on our physical or economic security or public health or safety. The Nation’s critical infrastructure provides the essential services that underpin American society. We will review the following in our talk:
- Zero Trust Implementation
Andrew Carl-Richards, Senior Network & Security Engineer
Andrew Carl-Richards has over 16 years of all facets of enterprise network and security practice including Design, Implementation, and Administration. Strong experience with Data Center Migration, Business Continuity, Firewall Implementation, MPLS WAN connectivity with Traffic Engineering, Wireless security, VPN Technology, Cloud Technology and protecting large scale IOT network including Clear Scada and DMP3.
His consulting experience has been invaluable to medium and large enterprise organization within the US, Canada and Europe. As a lead engineer he has deployed various network security standards to meet regulatory compliance like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, NERC EUGDPR and ISO/ IEC 2700n. Prior to taking the position at Clarium Managed Services, he led the security design and implementation of Aqua America IOT solution with Pennsylvania’s largest water utility company, which had over seven hundred locations.
- Planned and designed micro segmentation utilizing Palo Alto Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) to implement zone-based protection in the data center.
- Designed and implemented MPLS WAN Connectivity utilizing Cisco DMVPN with NHRP to provide backup connectivity between remote locations.
- Planned design and implemented Palo Alto LSVPN for satellite remote location with encryption and multi factor authentication.
- Redesigned security to implemented Cisco unified wireless network, with 802.1X authentication, AAA for RADIUS & TACACS in the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz RF Frequency.
Andrew has always kept up to date with emerging new technology to stay current in the IT industry and frequently assesses our customer’s security posture to make industry best practice recommendations.
He currently maintains the following industry recognized certifications:
- Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- ITIL Foundation (ITIL) V3
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Consultant (PCNSC) – By Invitation Only
- Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)